Welcome to LiveFree! Since 2003, we have worked to raise awareness of adolescent and young adult substance use and abuse in Pinellas County. We bring together community members, experts, and teens to build support for parents and teens who are committed to living a life free of underage drinking, binge behavior, prescription drug use and other substance abuse.
Why Pinellas County?
Each year the state of Florida publishes data about substance abuse, broken down by county, age, and other factors. In 2003, Pinellas County led the state in alcohol use and underage drinking. In response, we formed the LiveFree! coalition. Today, the coalition maintains its effectiveness by investing in evidence-based prevention strategies to promote healthy choices among Pinellas County residents. We act as a collective voice for the community, striving to shape the lives of individual children, families, community members—and visioning future public policy.
At LiveFree! our primary mission is to reduce alcohol, prescription drug and other substance abuse among youth and young adults. That’s why we focus on advocacy and education. The LiveFree! team includes parents, teens, law enforcement, and business leaders. Every member is dedicated to helping teens make wise choices about peers, school, alcohol, and illegal substances.
Whether you are a parent or not, we invite you to participate in LiveFree! Sign up to receive updates and newsletters, or volunteer to help us end teen substance abuse in your community:
- Join a LiveFree! work group or volunteer to share your talent and expertise for one of our events (5 hours a month).
- Sign on as a Key Leader Council member, and guide the organization as we grow and evolve (10 hours a month).
- Share your story as a member of our Speakers Bureau
- Participate in or lead a LiveFree! Youth Club
- Assist the Prescription Drug Task Force
- Join our “Be the Wall” campaign