Spring break is just around the corner, but do you have a safety plan in place?
You made through one half of your school year and you most certainly deserve a break from all of it. Good thing spring break is just around the corner! Whether you are going on vacation with your family or just hanging out at the beach with friends, it's good to have a safety plan in place during spring break.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind when planning your trip:
- Make sure you pick a hotel that is centrally located. You don't want to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere.
- Stay in touch with family and/or friends — whether by email, social media or phone. Make sure that you are staying in contact and letting them know you are safe. This is especially important if you go without your parents.
- Don't carry a ton of cash with you; take a little and use mostly credit cards. You are less likely to be robbed.
- When you go out, don't go out by yourself. Make sure you have people with you.
- Make sure you use sunscreen and drink plenty of water when you are out in the sun.
- If you are old enough to drink, make sure go easy on the alcohol and make sure you designate a driver or have the number to a cab service handy.
So now that you have your safety plan in place, all you have left to do is to pick your destination! Where ever you decide to go, make sure to follow the safety tips above. Find more spring break safety tips by visiting the CDC website. Be safe and have fun!
If you would like to learn more about LiveFree! and our mission to reduce youth substance abuse, visit our website. And if you want to join our mailing list, just text LIVEFREE to 22828, and don't forget to include your email address!